A RATED WINDOWS.
The Government approved Window Energy Ratings scheme rates windows on a scale from G being the lowest up to A+ being the most energy-efficient windows. The current building regulations concerning the energy efficiency of homes require that windows are a minimum of band C however most window companies are aiming to provide the homeowner with the highest energy efficiency achievable at a good price.
Benefits of Energy Rated Windows
Installing Energy Rated Windows containing energy-efficient double or triple glazed units provides you with many benefits:
- Reassurance of certified scheme approval of the windows
- Improves the energy-efficiency of your home, reducing the amount of energy you use and helping you to save money on your heating bills
- Significantly more effective than existing single glazing or standard double glazing
- Energy Rated Windows are manufactured to European quality standards and meet the requirements for building regulations concerning energy efficiency of homes
- Since October 2010 legislation demands that windows have a minimum Window Energy Rating of band C
- Window Energy Ratings greater than band B are recognised by the Energy Saving Trust as part of their Energy Saving Recommended scheme
- Available from window installers countrywide in a range of frame types